We recommend cleaning the SUB once a month to ensure it’s operating at its optimal level. Before beginning the process, be sure to unplug the machine. A soft cloth is best to clean the inside and outside of the cooling chamber.
The drip tray can be cleaned with warm soapy water or it can go in the dishwasher. We also recommend cleaning the inside of the tap with a Q-tip and warm water.
If your SUB isn't working properly, try the trouble-shooting tactics below:
Beer too foamy?
- Ensure your beer has been in the SUB for at least one hour (properly chilled) and the green light is on
- Pull the tap handle all the way forward when you pour
- Hold your glass at a 45 degree angle when you pour
- Ensure the rubber band ring in the SUB door is properly aligned
Green light won't turn on
- Try a different outlet
- Wait at least 1 hour after inserting a mini-keg
- Unplug the SUB for 1 hour and then plug in again
Beer not cold
- Unplug the SUB for 1 hour and then plug in again to reset the cooling system
Beer not pouring
- Ensure there is a black c-shaped clip at the top of the mini-keg (unless the mini-keg is an import)
Also keep in mind that if your issue relates to cooling time, the cooling process for unrefrigerated mini-kegs may take up to 3-4 hours, as the SUB needs to work harder to bring the beer down to temperature. For faster serving, we recommend storing all mini-kegs in the fridge.
If none of these steps work, please contact us using our support form and, if possible, include a video of your SUB malfunctioning.